Monday 4 August 2014

Adam Ant - Idols Series



Seeing as how Adam Ant was a massive part of the post – punk era (and a personal favourite of mine) I chose his iconic ‘Stand and Deliver’ look for the next installment of my Idols Series.

To begin with, I applied my foundation and set it really well, after all, Adam Ant’s makeup was very matte. I left out blush, and only contoured the crease in my eyes.

His eyebrows were fairly low and curved, however mine aren’t, so I filled them in and tried to imitate his the best I could.

I then applied my eyeliner, starting on the upper lash line. In the inner corner I created a peak, and created a smooth line to the outer corner of my eye, creating a slight flick to lift the eye slightly.

On the lower lash line, I begun by forming the bottom half of the peak, and continuing the line to the centre of my lower lash line. Then I filled my water line with white eyeliner and continued the line on the lower lash line, keeping the white eyeliner as close to the water  line as possible.
 After applying a generous coat of mascara, the eyes are done.

Moving on to the lips, I applied a nude lipstick and lined my lips with a pale pink lipstick and blended them together. I highlighted the cupids bow and applied gloss to the centre of my lips to make my lips look fuller.

After this I added the red crosses to my temples, the white line and the black lines under the cheekbones.

And voila… you have a very simple, very sexy Adam Ant look. All you need now is a horse and a cape and you can join the Highway men ;)
Enjoy, and thanks for reading. x

No comments:

Post a Comment