Tuesday 15 July 2014

Contouring :)



Contouring is your bread and butter in terms of makeup. It can make your makeup transition from every day to phenomenal. The right contouring and highlighting can change the look of your bone structure and give you strong looking features, or slight definition depending on how you want your look to, well, look :)
 
Here I’ve shown where contours and highlights should be located. Black represents contouring and white represents highlighting.

 



Here you can see how my makeup looks with no contouring/highlighting




 
And here you can see that I’ve added subtle contours, which make the world of difference – especially when photographed head on.

Ideally your contouring shade should be 3 shades darker than your skin tone, however if you are darker skinned you should focus more on highlighter, and if you are pale (like myself) you should focus more on contouring than highlighting, and as you can see highlighter doesn’t take much effect on my skin.

So what types of contouring/highlighting products to use?

There are tonnes that you could use, they mainly fall into two sections: Creamy or Powder.
I personally prefer a powdered bronzer as it’s easy to work with, doesn’t need blending as much as a creamy product and it’s subtle enough to wear every day

Creamy contouring/highlighting products are good for a Kim K look (I can't believe I Google searched Kim K... as if you don't know what she looks like!) with very obvious under eye highlights and dark contouring. This is because they blend easy, yet they can still create a very define look.

Powder contouring/highlighting products are good for every day, subtle looks, such as the one I’m wearing here. This is because they are not as pigmented as creamy products and can be gradually built up if needed.

Obviously, these above are my own opinion, and if you wish to wear creamy products every day, then brilliant, I’m sure you can rock it ;)

Thanks for reading guys, comment below if there is anything that I’ve missed, or you’d like to see. Have fun practicing your contouring and highlighting :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment