Thursday 17 July 2014

L'Oreal Paris Glamorous Palette from the Travel Collection - first impressions and review.



So, my mother has just got back from her honeymoon and she brought me back the L’Oreal Paris glamorous palette from the travel collection. This contains two blushers, five eye shadows and four lipsticks. Seeing as how traveling is something I like to do, and makeup is a passion of mine, I just had to do a first impressions blog.




My first impressions are that the packaging is very sleek and sophisticated and it would fit very nicely into a hand luggage bag. The packaging is simple and clean – what more could we want?




When I opened the packaging for the first time, I noticed the large mirror that takes up all of the space on the top side of the compact, yet there is no space wastage in the palette, which is fantastic, after all, the bigger the mirror, the better your makeup. Also included are a duo sponge applicator for the eye shadows, a small brush for the blusher and a mini lip brush. Personally I don’t like using these types of brushes, as I feel that I can’t get a lot of precision with them.




Realistically if I’m traveling I don’t wear makeup, so if I were going to, I’d keep it light. 

What I've done is create three different looks with this palette: Day, Evening, and Night.
 For the Day look I kept it light, and simple. Using the light pink, yellow and bronze eye shadow shades I managed to create a look suitable for traveling whether by bus, train or plane. 
I used the shimmery pink blusher to bring some colour back to my face.
I used the nude lipstick from the palette to keep the look natural and easy maintenance whilst on the move.

 For the Evening look, I darkened the eyes up using the dark olive shade to create more of an intense look, and I changed the lipstick for a darker one, and added contours (using bronzer that isn't in the palette) I found that the  small brush designed for the blusher was handy for the contours but not for the blusher. I stuck with the pink blusher because it is fairly close to the natural flush of my cheeks.
For the Night look I added eyeliner and false eyelashes, to create a bold, in your face look - after all it is the glamorous palette :)

So what did I like? 
The packaging. It's simple, clean and small enough to carry on you all the time, without being so small that the mirror is useless. The large mirror is a god send for making sure that your eyes are even.
The shades you get are ideal for several different looks, and the lipsticks are really versatile, which is brilliant when you're on the move. The color pay off from the eye shadows is brilliant and there is minimal fallout, they aren't chalky or overly powdery, and they blend easily.
The blushers offer two different types - noticeable and shimmery (pink) or matte and nude (the nude shade) which, again, offers versatility with this product.

What didn't I like? 
Although I can see why they're included, I'm not a fan of included brushes/applicators. Often I find that they don't do their intended job properly. 
To be fair, I'm not too keen on all of the shades, but as this was a gift I didn't get to pick the shades I'd wear most often. This doesn't detract from the quality of the product though.

No comments:

Post a Comment