Wednesday 16 July 2014

Makeup and Motorcycle Helmets



Before my ride

Being a motorcycle rider has a legal requirement to wear a helmet, and being female I have a desire to always look my best (if I can) So how can I look my best if I always squash my makeup covered face into a helmet?


Seeing as how I always get asked, I’ll tell you :) 


Whilst in a helmet...
Bike helmets aren’t designed to cover the ‘best bits’ of your face in terms of makeup (e.g. eyes, eyebrows, lips etc) so you’re pretty much okay on that front. It’s your base that suffers the most, to try and avoid using a lot of foundation and/or concealer I keep my skin as clear as I possibly can and therefore reduce slippage and reduce breakouts by not using tonnes of makeup, I also wear suncream on my face to reduce patchiness and uneven tanning. 


To ensure that my base stays even I moisturise really well on a night time, leaving my face even and fresh in a morning, that way when I apply my primer and foundation there are no dry patches or oily patches that could rub off onto the helmet.


When it comes to applying my foundation and concealer, I make sure I leave them with no powder on top for a good three minutes which lets the foundation really sink into your skin. I then set with a pressed powder and make sure that my base is completely matte – this helps with the slippage.


The only major problem I’ve ever run into whilst wearing a helmet is sweat (disgusting I know, but still.) causing my foundation to rub off a little around the forehead. To combat this, I simply leave my vents open on my helmet, it seems to do the trick for short journeys :)

 


Thanks for reading guys, if you are rider or are learning to ride – stay safe and have fun.


P.s. If you’re a hair fanatic (unlike me) your hair WILL get messy with a helmet… Keeping my hair styled under a helmet is something I’ve not quite got the hang of yet ;) X
After the ride with flat hair, but intact makeup :)

No comments:

Post a Comment